Serves six people.
1 ripe mango, peeled
Juice 2 limes
1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
1 long (mild) green chilli, deseeded
1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy
10 mint leaves
5-6 coriander leaves
FOR THE PRAWNS
16 green prawns, cleaned and de-veined
3 tablespoons Ponzu sauce
Juice 1 lime
- Place 16 wooden skewers in a bowl of water and allow to soak for 30-60 minutes (the longer the better ~ this is to help them not burn when at the cooking stage).
- Cut the mango flesh away from its centre stone and add to a blender along with the lime juice, olive oil, chilli, soy, mint and coriander leaves. Blitz until super smooth then season to taste with salt a black pepper. Transfer the sauce to a serving dish.
- Place prawns onto wood skewers and place in a wide, deep baking dish or tray. Whisk the ponzu, lime juice and salt together in a small bowl and pour over the prawns, turning skewers to coat well. Cover and allow to marinade in the fridge for 30 â€“ 60 minutes.
- Remove prawns from fridge and cook on a super hot griddle pan or barbecue until cooked through.
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce on the side.
Tags: barbeque, bbq, catering, cnk catering, events, function, melbourne, prawns, recipe
Categorised in: Recipes
This post was written by the CNK team