Easter is just around the corner, and so are the school holidays. We have created an easy way to dye eggs to get your kids and yourselves excited for the Easter long weekend.
What you will need:
- Eggs (as many as you wish to dye)
- Food colouring
- Cold water
- Paper towel
- Firstly you will need to hard-boil the eggs.
- When the eggs have completely cooled fill up a metal saucepan half way with cold water and add 1 cup of vinegar.
- Add 3 tsp of dye for a light colour or 6 tsp of dye for a darker colour into the saucepan, and stir.
- Place your eggs into the saucepan, adding four at one time.
- Let the eggs sit in the dye for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until a desired colour is achieved.
- Using tongs remove the eggs from the dye and blot the excess dye on some paper towel.
- Leave the eggs on the paper towel to then dry.
- When the eggs are dry you may begin to draw on the eggs with crayons with any sort of creative pattern.
If you too decide to create some fun Easter eggs make sure to tag us on Instagram @cnkcatering.Tags: catering, easter, melbourne
Categorised in: Occasions
This post was written by the CNK team